Your Weight and Foods to Avoid

Last year after being diagnosed as pre-diabetic I realized that I needed to make some major lifestyle changes. It was a frightening realization that brought me to start to study weight and how certain foods interacted with the body. Pre-diabetics are those that have started to see a decline in their ability to process sugars. It is called insulin resistance. The more resistance you have the higher your chances of developing diabetes or if you have already been diagnosed increasing the likelihood of developing further complications along the way.

The changes I made were gradual slowly removing the food items that were causing the most damage to my body. High in sugar of starch items are goods that should be avoided. This does not mean get the sugar alternative items; this doesn't work for those with pre-diabetes. Sugar alternatives cause your body to "believe" that it has taken in sugar and it tries to process it the same way it would regular sugar but since it is not regular sugar it is unable to process it. This can cause other problems for you such as fatigue, and weight gain.
.
Please note that I am not a nutritionist nor am I a medical expert. I am simply a person that was diagnosed with pre-diabetes that took the information and consulted professionals from various fields of experience to formulate the thoughts that I am sharing with you today.

I sought counsel from physicians, nutritionists, physical therapists, Chinese therapy, and others. While there were differing opinions on a lot of things there were some things that were universal amongst them all. These top foods to avoid were recommended as foods to avoid from every source I questioned and this is why these are the foods that are strongly cautioned against consuming if possible in order to aid you in achieving your weight loss goals.

Potatoes, white rice, white bread and soda made the list across the board.
If you are serious about making positive lifestyle changes in your life you may wish to seek your own counsel regarding which food choices are the best for you to avoid. Remember that the recommendations I have listed here were recommended to me by those professionals that I sought guidance from.

My personal objectives and goals were to find a way to eliminate my chances of developing diabetes. For your weight these foods that I have listed here that you should avoid may not be as hard to say goodbye to as you might think.

If you are interested in learning more about other foods you may wish to avoid or even receive other helpful weight loss tips you can visit my blog at: http://www.waystolosefatquick.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jennifer_S_Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment

and replace it with